Racing was conducted in the middle of the Kyneton Race Course.
1930 – 1965
Racing was around the Top Oval of the Kyneton Showgrounds.
Velodrome was constructed.
Velodrome was declared unsafe in an effort to get some maintenance done.
The Commissioners took over and the Kyneton Shire was amalgamated with the Shires of Gisborne, Romsey and Woodend, to create the new Shire of Macedon Ranges. The Commissioners came close to bulldozing the area but the club members were able to convince them to wait until the new Councillors were elected.
Club members were successful in raising a grant of $100,000 to get the velodrome resurfaced.
Work was completed.
Club reformed as Macedon Ranges Cycling Club. Once the track was resurfaced, interest in cycling increased. This resulted in many members both new and existing re-activating the club, which had become somewhat dormant, whilst the track was not usable. Now with many Dads dusting off their bikes, Mums having a go, and enthusiastic young riders benefiting from qualified coaches, the Club began to conduct races on a regular weekly basis through both track and road seasons.
The committee has made the decision to expand the club’s activities to include a strong social ride calendar, to encourage participation of individuals and families who would like to ride as part of a social group.
The club ceased holding race events due to declining interest in these activities, and the shortage of member support for the managing of the events. The committee has expressed a willingness to resume racing activity should there ever be sufficient interest and resources. In lieu of racing, the club expanded its social riding calendar. Club representatives expended significant human resources in developing links with the Macedon Ranges Shire, with a view to promoting cycling in the region