Back by popular demand is our 9th annual trip to Bright. Over the last 8 years an average of over 25 riders and supporters made the trip for 2-4 days of riding, feasting and socialising. The dates are Thursday 18th November to Monday 22nd November inclusive – of course, you can come along for just the weekend or whatever days you can manage.
The Ride Program caters for a diversity of riding abilities, fitness and interests and for less experienced family members to join in. This includes Rail Trail Rides (for those interested, the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail offers safe, attractive riding on a sealed path suitable for road bikes – see the Murray to Mountains Website for maps and information); flatish road rides and mountain climbs.
On most days there will be more than one ride option. The ride program will be published closer to November. As an illustration, in previous years, rides have included:
- Thursday afternoon – a ride into the attractive Buckland Valley and back, commencing around 3 pm. The flatish road ride is 40 km return from Bright or 24 km return from Porepunkah
- Friday – Mt Beauty to Falls Creek and return for those interested in climbing or a flatish road or trail ride (eg. rail trail Bright to Myrtelford and return)
- Saturday – Bright to Mt Beauty and return for those interested in climbing or a flatish road or trail ride (eg. ride from Bright to Harrietville and return 42 km)
- Sunday – Mt Buffalo or a flatish road or trail ride (eg. ride from Myrtleford to Lake Buffalo and return)
Note that rides can be varied depending on rider interest and the weather. There is flexibility for riders to vary the program.
Mt Buffalo amd Falls Creek are part of the 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge see our web page: Macedon Ranges Cycling – 7 Peaks Challenge for information about joining this challenge.
* Please fill out the form below if you are joining us on the Bright Trip
Bright is a popular tourist destination, so it’s a good idea to book accommodation in advance. A wide variety of accommodation is available in Bright. Following are some sites where you can search for accommodation:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mark or Belinda Dess – phone 0435 82 8811