We at the Macedon Ranges Cycling Club seek to be an all inclusive club – If your bum is on a bike then we would like you to join our club. We also accept people who are interested in cycling. They may not want to ride but they still can be part of the scene by supporting the club and/or officiating at events.
What can the club provide:
- Friendly social rides
- Informal guidance and training so you can become a more proficient and safe rider.
- An atmosphere of acceptance of riders no matter their capability or standard.
- Social gatherings where people of like mind can meet and ride together.
- Rides of various levels and speeds to suit riders capabilities.
- Enjoyment of riding at various levels of difficulty all year round in our beautiful area.
- Companionship and safety in numbers on rides.
- Training through Cycling Victoria in officiating for club events.
- A voice and influence to council about cycling matters within the shire
- A means of experiencing better health, a greener, more efficient and economical transport, greater mobility and most of all FUN.
- Insurance coverage when you are out on a club ride.
- Association with Cycling Australia, the peak body for cycling in Australia, or Bicycle Network Victoria.
Your responsibilities when you join:
- You must maintain an ongoing membership of Cycling Australia or Bicycle Network for insurance purposes.
- Recognise that there are inherent risks in cycling, and sign an Indemnity Release Form
- Whilst not mandatory, the wearing of club kit is desirable – especially the jersey, as it promotes the club and assists the club establish and maintain an identity.
- All members are encouraged to participate in social/recreational rides and support those riders who are less experienced.
- Members are encouraged to contribute to the promotion and running of the club.
- Be courteous to members of the club and the public when riding, and obey all road laws
- If you are able, assist the club to maintain it’s equipment and facilities.